Sunday 3 July 2016

WAG 2016

Women and God weekend at Hayes Conference Centre in Swanwick Derbyshire was a weekend of fellowship, fun and foliage!
I have written a blog on the spiritual inspiration I received from the weekend and you can read about it here: accessorise!

It truly was an inspiration, encouragement and challenging. The ladies and hosts were friendly, helpful, and kind, it was lovely to meet new people. This was my first time at such a conference. The first session on Friday was Be blessed! And after the evening meal session 2 was Add Hope! After which we went to watch the Disney film, Inside Out, I thoroughly enjoyed it, it made me stop and think!

Aside from the worship and prayer times there was also fun. We learnt to play the ukulele on Saturday afternoon and managed to play a couple of Christian songs. I think we hit all the right notes, but Im not sure they were in the right order. However we played at the worship on the Sunday and I believe the Lord was pleased to hear our praise played on the stringed instruments. Saturday afternoon we also learnt the art of book leaf folding and made a heart in the old discarded Salvation Army songbooks. 


They have new ones now so it was good to put them to use. There were other crafts in the afternoon but I didnt go to this, I was pacing myself.

I did however go down to the lakes for a walk, it was raining but it was so peaceful, and as the rain refreshed the ground so my soul was refreshed thinking on the words of the Lord from scripture, and talking to Him in silent prayer. I had taken my camera so I also got some lovely shots of the foliage and the wildlife, insects, butterflies, birds, waterfowl, it was so lovely. 


 I didnt manage to get a shot of the fish as it came out of the water to eat the insects skimming the surface, Im just not quick enough. I did however get a lovely shot of a blackbird collecting the family’s dinner, 


they sure would have been well fed, as were we. The food was delicious, and cooked well, and served well, the staff were courteous and helpful.


Saturday evening was a hoot. First we were entertained by the Appalachian Feet First Dance Troupe, which to me looked like a mixture of line dancing, clog dancing, and river dance ;) 


we were then invited to learn a dance, I think I must have shuffled up my feet because I kept getting the steps wrong, but we enjoyed it none the less. After which came the Auction with Major Val Mylechreest as the auctioneer and an excellent job she did too, very entertaining whilst raising money for the Helping Hands Appeal, wonderful.

We sang some wonderful songs over the weekend in praise and worship to God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ and we give Him all the glory. I pray the army officers and helpers who worked so hard this weekend may continue to be a blessing to others as they seek to serve the Lord. God bless you.

Chosen by God
Tune Be Thou My Vision
Chosen by God I am loved as His own,
A daughter of God by my name I am known.
Each morning your love comes as fresh as the day,
It guides me and guards me as I walk in Your way.

Gentle, compassionate, patient, meek, kind;
Wearing Your loveliness true life I find.
Accepting of others I choose to forgive
So in Your great mercy and peace I might live.

Called to be holy, I seek now your grace,
Help me more fully Your will to embrace,
Show me how living for you sets me free,
As I surrender my all just for Thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment