Sunday 31 December 2017

Duped

The definition of duped:
a person who is easily deceived or fooled; gull. a person who unquestioningly or unwittingly serves a cause or another person. I think I can safely say that I was duped when I went shopping this week. I called in the shopping centre in Derby and couldn’t resist all the signs in one of my favourite shops. SALE, everything must go, I didn’t check to see if this meant that everything was in the sale, I just assumed, I was wrong to do so and came out of the shop with my purse £18 lighter than when I went in. You see I am a sucker for a bargain, especially if that bargain is craft. It would appear that almost everything I bought wasn’t in the sale, I think there were just two items.


I thought about this from a Christian view point, and how scripture warns us to test all the spirits. I should not accept something just because someone has attached the word Christian to it. There are plenty of things we shouldn’t be as Christians, we shouldn’t be duped, deluded, or deceived. We should be discerning, seeking the truth, we should be testing everything, that is everything man has written, spoken, or sung. Books written and films made can have the appearance of being truth but when you test them with scripture you find there is only an element of truth, the rest is fabrication or downright lies.


Black is black, white is white, you can’t call them anything else, you can call white blue if you want to, but that won’t make it blue, you can add some blue colour to it if you like, but then you won’t have white anymore, you will have pale blue. God’s truth is absolute, the moment you add anything to it, or alter it in anyway, or take anything away, then you no longer have truth. As Christians, if we say we love the Lord, then we will obey His word and stand for the truth.


Beloved, do not believe every spirit, 
but test the spirits to see whether they are of God, 
for many false prophets have gone out into the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment