Thursday 6 February 2020

A foggy Eve in Ripley town

I hadn't realised until I ventured out with my little dog, just how bad the weather was the lights on the street were hardly visible. During the winter my little dog and I tend to stick to the same route for our walks and so I had no worries about the weather as I know the area, and there were no surprises on the way. My little dog just trotted happily beside me with her tail wagging, not at all worrying about the weather, she was trusting me. We didn't stay out long, and even though the weather wasn't good, I still enjoyed our walk.

A couple of things came to me, one, my life is in the hands of the One who controls the weather!! and that no matter what circumstances there are in my life, that when storms come into my life, causing turmoil, and I can't see a way out, or a way through, Jesus is always there, to help, and guide. 

Lo, I am with you always.

I can trust Him completely because He knows the way. He knew what was going to happen long before I did, nothing takes Him by surprise. I am fortunate that I live in a country where I can live in safety despite being a Christian, there are many of my brothers and sisters who are not so fortunate. Whilst we have a small measure of persecution, Satan is very subtle here. In the East, they are beaten, forced into marriages, tortured, imprisoned and oft times murdered, their crime? They refuse to denounce Christ.

We were not promised a bed of roses, we were not promised, health wealth and happiness. What we were promised was a hard life in the natural, of hostility, hatred, scoffing, mocking, and persecution. But even though I may be experiencing health problems, financial problem, relationship problems etc. none of these can take away the deep-down joy and peace that I have in Christ. How do I know that He is with me in all these things? Because the Bible tells me so, and I would rather believe God's Word, than man's word, and would rather believe God's Word than my circumstances, and I would rather believe God's Word than my feelings, which are continually up and down.

When we have repented of our sins and believed on the Lord Jesus, then we are born again, a new creature in Christ, the old is gone. But, when we are born again we are not put on sun soaked beach, we are placed in a war zone.


Ephesians 6:11-18

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Remember God is faithful, and He never goes back on His promises, and He will supply all that is needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment