Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Only Comforter






















It is twenty-four years today since my son Philip Mark Nicholls died of a heart attack. At the time I had no idea he had even been taken into hospital as he had left home, he was eighteen years and nine months old.

People say that time is a great healer, I haven't found it so, time flies by but the pain doesn't fly with it.

Since becoming a Christian sixteen years ago my pain hasn't changed but I have, now I no longer dwell on the what might have been, what would he look like now, would he have been married, would he have had children etc. I used to before 1998 try to image what he would look like and wonder what he would be doing but this just increased my pain.
 Now I know I can leave it all with the Lord Jesus, He is my comforter, my strength, my hope, my joy and my happiness. My life is no longer tied up with the things of the world and it's sorrows and disappointments, my life is in Christ. That doesn't mean I won't ever feel pain or sorrow it means that I have someone with whom I can lean on who won't let me down but it's more than that it is looking always to Him the author and finisher of my faith, my salvation, in whom I have everlasting life.

I do thank God for the memories

No comments:

Post a Comment