Sunday 31 August 2014

A little taste of...

Sarah called today to borrow some suitcases, they are off to the seaside for a few days soon. Noah and Huey came too and as it was such a lovely day we all went outside. Sarah for a well earned snooze in the shed and Noah, Huey and I played on the beach,  we built lots of sandcastles and decorated them with shells. We had great fun, 
to round off the afternoon the boys did a show, wonderful, a rap by Noah accompanied by Huey.

They only stayed for an hour but they had a little taste of the seaside before going. Of course it was nothing like the real thing even so it would keep them going till they got there. 

Does this remind you of anything? I must admit when I thought about it it reminded me that this isn't my real home, I'm just passing through. I have a much better home in heaven but just occasionally I get a little bit of heaven down here and even though it isn't the real thing it keeps me focused on where I'm going. I see God in nature, in the beautiful sunset, in the clear babbling brook, I see the compassion of Jesus in a friendly thought and kind deed. I see in the evil sin soaked world a little glimpse of heaven when I speak to God in prayer, when I study His word and gather with His people, I have a hope and assurance through Jesus Christ that this is not all there is I have a home with Him, but while I'm passing through He shows me a glimpse of heaven. 

This world is not my home
John 14:1“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment