Wednesday 12 October 2016

Unforgettable

I wonder how many people reading this remember the lovely song sung by Nat King Cole, Unforgettable? I was thinking about this this morning mainly because I have a problem with my memory which isn’t just down to old age, (I wish it were) actually it is the after effects of two strokes I survived 12 years ago. I not only have problems with my short term memory, (I don’t recall putting my purse in the fridge!!!!) But I also struggle with the long term memory problems too. There are a lot of things I do remember, but unfortunately there are a lot I don’t. I envy people who have the ability to recall wonderful stories from their childhood, and their children’s childhood. I love the Google photo assistant that comes up most days with photos from ‘rediscover this day’. Over 10 years I have taken approximately 60,000 photos, I am sure many people would think that ridiculous but when ‘rediscover this day’ comes up and I scroll through the photos wonderful memories come tumbling through my mind like water cascading over a cliff and for those few brief moments I have such a pleasure. Sometimes the memories will stay for awhile, other times they are gone again as fast as I’m scrolling. 

I was musing over all this and a thought came into my head, 
does God ever forget me? 


No, he doesn’t.

Does God ever forget?
Yes, He does but He chooses to forget. 
What does He forget? 
He chooses to forget our sins when we repent, 
He will not hold them against us. 

“I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.

Am I unforgettable in Gods eyes? 
Yes, I am, because I am a recipient of His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment