Saturday 8 October 2016

Wet Shoes, Old Wreck, and Flies!!!!!

I had a wonderful break with my daughter and son-in-law, we went from Friday to Monday to Camber Sands in East Sussex. It really is a lovely place, especially if you are just looking for a chilling out on the beach holiday that is dog friendly. The house we stayed in was welcoming, we were greeted with a chocolate cake, wine and apple juice and a note of welcome from the owner.


We had TV and Wi-Fi for rainy days (although we were hoping we wouldn't have any of those!) the first thing we did was check out the beach, Emma's two Chihuahuas love the beach, each end of the beach was for dogs, the nearest to us was really soft sand, at the other end there was a lot of pebbles, the dogs preferred the sandy beach as did we. We had great fun on the beach for the few days we were there. One memory sticks in my mind, Mark had thrown the ball for the dogs and it had gone in the water, Juju carefully went in but was unable to retrieve it, she just watched it getting further and further away from her until Mark came to the rescue, he rolled up his trousers and went in to get it, there was just one problem, he had to wade in up to his waist, the things we do for people and animals we love.


Emma and I had a ride into Rye, we weren’t there long and just had a look around the shops, stopping on the way back at a small lake with a lot of swans on it, I’ve never seen so many in one place. 







We also had a lovely meal in Camber at a cafe called Rye Bay Cafe I would certainly recommend it should you decide to have a holiday at Camber the food was home cooked, and delicious, the staff were friendly, and the management did not mind the dogs, so that was a bonus.



When Mark was doing his heroics I spotted something in the water in the far distance and so on our last night I had a walk to see if I could see what it was as the tide would be out, plus it was almost sunset so I hoped I would get a few good photographs. I gave up eventually of jumping over the rivulets of water flowing down the beach so by the time I arrived at my destination my poor shoes were wet through. It was a wreck of an old boat jutting out of the water, there was a couple investigating it too, the lady rolled up her trousers and started out into the water, fortunately her husband persuaded her to come back, it was too far for wading. I was pleased though that I had seen it and got some photos.

I decided not to walk back along the beach but went up to the cycle path back to the main road, it wasn’t until I was on it that I realised the wall was covered in flies of all kinds and I was quiet glad when I got to the end of it.

I had a wonderful time, in a wonderful place, with wonderful people, I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment