Wednesday 16 August 2017

Does God?

I recently posted a picture on my Instagram account, and one of the people who liked it was a person with the username Does God... So, when I looked at the notifications it said, "doesgod...liked your post"


it made me stop and think, Does God, "like" what I am doing on the Internet, is what I share on there glorifying God, or man? Am I promoting self or giving the glory to God? When you stop, and think about it all the photos I take are of what He has created, whether it be nature or something man made, because man cannot make anything at all without the materials God has already made, man cannot create something out of nothing. Man, makes the choice to use what God has made for good or for evil. Man, makes the choice to use his wealth for himself or to help the less fortunate. Man, makes the choice to look after planet earth or abuse it. And man, makes the choice to follow God, or himself.

Having made the choice to repent of his sin, believing on the Lord Jesus, he then chooses to follow God, to have a personal relationship with God. This is the choice I made nineteen years ago, and through good times and bad, God has been gracious and merciful to me, and He has always been faithful.

So, back to my original thought, in this technological age in which we now live, as a Christian, am I promoting self, or my Saviour? Are my posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc, all about me, and the world and its ways, or am I sharing what God has done for mankind and for me. Can people tell from my posts what God has done for me, and how he helps me day by day. Do I share Bible quotes, or self-help quotes? Do I make motivational speeches or do I share the gospel?
In short, does God like my posts?

I trust that all of us who love the Lord Jesus, will be willing in 
our daily lives to make our internet posts pleasing to God. 

And may we not be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment