Saturday 12 July 2014

All the way

Every Christmas for me is always an absolute delight and I am always loathed to pack away the decorations but pack them away I do. The baubles are wrapped in paper and put in boxes, along with the tinsel and the lights, the tree is put in a box and the Christmas cards saved for Hannah for a journal. The manger scene is carefully wrapped and boxed and everything is put in the loft until Christmas comes round again.

But I always find little things that I have missed, an odd candle, a small reindeer, a couple of books etc and I thought about this and you know you can't pack Christmas away, for those of us who know the Lord Jesus as their Saviour we are reminded daily of His coming to earth in human form and taking the punishment for our sins IT IS THE GREATEST GIFT the gift of God's grace for all who would receive it. And if you don't yet know the Lord Jesus and the peace that comes from knowing that your sins are forgiven and that you will spend eternity with Him perhaps you've noticed things happening in your life that don't seem to add up, coincidences that keep making you think about the state of your heart or about God or about eternity, let me tell you they are the little things that God leaves in your life when you have tried to pack Him away and not think about things, He is trying to get your attention and I pray most sincerely that He will succeed and that you will truly know the greatest gift of all.

A group called Faith sang this song;

All the way, all the way, He came all the way for me,
All the way, all the way, He came all the way for me.

From heaven above to Bethlehem He came all the way for me,
From heaven above to Bethlehem He came all the way for me.

From Bethlehem to Jerusalem, He came all the way for me,
From Bethlehem to Jerusalem, He came all the way for me,

Jerusalem to Calvary, He came all the way for me,
Jerusalem to Calvary, He came all the way for me.

Calvary to Heaven above, He came all the way for me,
Calvary to Heaven above, He came all the way for me.

From Heaven above right into my heart, He came all the way to me,
From Heaven above right into my heart, He came all the way to me.

Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, He came all the way to me,
Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, He came all the way to me.

Jesus Christ not only came all the way for me but for you too,
may you experience His grace, peace, joy and love in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment