Sunday 20 July 2014

My birthday weekend

I have had an amazing weekend,
 Friday was my birthday and Emma and Mark came and brought JuJu 
(Juliette their Chiwawa) who enjoyed playing football when the boys came. 
They brought me presents for the garden, 
  lovely butterflies that I have put on the front of the bungalow along with a planter,   and also a teacup planter so now I have to go shopping for plants. :)
Sarah came with the Noah and Huey after school with tea,
birthday cake and more presents, 
lovely garden ornaments for my seaside theme. 
They had great fun on my beach, 
we wet the sand with the hose and they made me a sand cake,
 Huey sang happy birthday mama, we had great fun.
Hannah and Phil came with yet another present, 
a wheel, I have yet to decide where to put it, 
all in all it was a glorious day, 
the weather was glorious too which made it a perfect day.


Saturday afternoon the ladies from the Ripley Salvation Home league which I go to on a Tuesday presented an afternoon of praise and worship in the form of singing, dancing, drama, and dance, and not forgetting the timbrels. We had a wonderful time of which you will be able read about in the Ripley Home League blog soon, the theme was from darkness to light starting from Genesis and ending with Revelation.
We had a tea afterward which was lovely and then on Sunday we presented just some of the programme from the day before. 


There had been much preparation and hard work but O how wonderful it was to be able to express our grateful thanks to our gracious and merciful God for all He has done for us and I am sure everyone was uplifted and built up.

No comments:

Post a Comment