Saturday 12 July 2014

What's in Your Bag?

I have been so busy that I haven't had any time to write in my little notebook and I do so want to record a few things so that I can look and remember as well as being an encouragement to others. One thing I do remember about last week apart from being busy was the lovely Tuesday afternoon meeting at the  Ripley Salvation Army Pamela had a list of  items and if we had them in our bag she gave us a number to write down and then at the end we added up the score, (I only got 15). The thing was she didn't have shoehorn, joggers, and t-shirt on her list, what you may wonder was I doing with such items in my bag. Well the thing was I had been to a keep fit class in the morning at Eastwood, then the St Mary's lunch club at Eastwood and then on the Ripley Army so I knew I wouldn't have time to go home and change so I took the necessary clothes with me. This was the theme of Pamela's talk, just as we all have different natural needs which was obvious from everyone individual bags, we also have differing needs in our walk with the Lord as we don't all serve Him in the same way and isn't it wonderful to know that He doesn't expect us to do anything without His provision, God calls and He enables.



As we walk with the Lord we can know that in all our ways He will provide for us, I am reminded of that lovely chorus, He is All I Need.
He is all I need, He is all I need,
Jesus is all I need.
He is all I need, He is all I need,
Jesus is all I need.
I take Him now, I take Him now,
For all that I need.
I take Him now, I take Him now,
For all that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment