Saturday 12 July 2014

Keeping Fit

I am now well and truly worn out. Mark (my carer) took me to Breathe Easy at Plumtree Hall at the back of St Mary’s church Eastwood, Notts. We have a wonderful time and I have found it really beneficial for my health. I guess it’s never to late to start and I decided it was high time that I ate healthier and did more exercise apart from walking. It really is a lovely group and Lynn makes it fun and explains why we do the things we do, everyone goes at their own pace but each week I have done a little bit more which is why today I am worn out.


I went to see my two grandsons straight after as they have been so poorly with a nasty virus,  Noah is four (five in August) and Huey is two (three in June) it is always lovely to see them and I do hope they get well soon. I had made them both boxes for their treasures. Mummy was getting a little worried about the amount of stones she was finding in trouser pockets, coat pockets and the bed! I covered a shoe box inside and out and then made little compartments out of the middle of toilet rolls, I took them last week and they were a big hit. And hopefully mummy won’t find rocks in the bed anymore :)


Whilst I am not interested in getting into to a bikini for the summer I am hoping to be a little trimmer and fitter, but of course you don’t gain anything unless you are prepared to work at it.
Not only is it important to keep our bodies healthy but it is also important to keep our spiritual life fit and healthy (and in doing so will keep our mind healthy also) and we can do this (if we are Christians) by reading God’s word, talking to Him (praying), praising, and meeting with others for fellowship, when we neglect these things we can soon see our spiritual life do a downturn.
For your bodily fitness I would recommend Breathe Easy especially if you have lung problems, or joint problems, if you are in the Notts area come and join us we would love to see you. Plumtree Hall, behind St Mary’s Church, Church Street, Eastwood, Notts. Tuesday morning 11am – 12 noon and Thursday morning 11am – 12 noon. Please note this is not a Christian group and has nothing to do with the church.  You can see their promotional video here:- Breathless, Breath Easy

For help with your spiritual fitness and growth I would recommend Ripley Elim Church on Booth Street, Ripley, Derbyshire. Whether you are a seeker, a back slider, or are going on with God we would love to see you and have fellowship with you, you will find information of meeting times on the website. God bless and may you keep fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment