Saturday 12 July 2014

the rest of the Bank Holiday Day Trip

Messing about on the River   (a video of us on the Coronation Channel)
After a couple of technical hitches I can finally finish my Bank Holiday day trip memories. After Pamela and I cruised up and down the river we had a walk round the lovely garden centre.
I was glad I hadn't taken too much money with me they had such lovely things and the temptation might have been to great.

And then it was off the the United Reformed Church  on Pinchbeck Road for our tea and to see their Flower Festival called Festival of Celebrations.


The ladies had prepared varies salads, and cakes.  Not only that but there was a cake stall as well, how could I resist!!

There was also a a stall with bric-a-brac and I brought myself a carved gourd which no one could work out what is was and I had to look up on the internet, I must say I was fascinated I never knew people did such lovely work with the humble pumpkin, melon etc.
I also brought a, erm, well I'll leave it to you to make your own mind up but I couldn't resist and thought it would look rather nice in my garden :)
All in all Pamela and I and all our friends from the Tuesday lunch club had a wonderful day,

Margret certainly worked hard with her planning and preparations to make the day extra special,

No comments:

Post a Comment