Saturday 12 July 2014

Surprise, Surprise

This week has been a week of surprises. The first being finding a frog in my pond which in point of fact was leaking last year and had no water in it. I haven't mended it so I have no idea what has happened but I have to admit I was thrilled when I saw it as I love frogs, they remind me of my childhood. Tuesday when I went to put some washing out there was a hedgehog on the lawn well my joy knew no bounds, the perfect answer to my slug problem.


Wednesday I had arranged to go to Emma's (my youngest daughter) house  for lunch. Afterwards she asked what I would like to do and I suggested taking Juju (short for Juliette) for a walk,


Emma said she needed a sit down first so we went and relaxed in her front room. There was a knock at the door and in walked Sarah and Hannah my other two daughters armed with bags as though they had been shopping. Little did I know that the bags had such delights as fruit teas, scones, cream and jam, we had a lovely cream tea together which was hopefully the first of many.

The last surprise  was today (Friday). The last time I jet washed the decking I got wet through but my wellingtons had been left out all through winter and were very dirty inside and out.  So I decided to clean them today before doing any more jet washing, I got a toothbrush to clean the inside of any debris, when I went right into the toe I started to bring out bits a black dustbin liner and bits of the lovely fluffy insole, which I thought was strange until I realised that a mouse had been busy making a nest in it. 

Thankfully the mouse was nowhere in sight, frogs I like close up, Hedgehogs I like close up, mice I like from a distance. :)

All in all lots of lovely surprises, I am so blessed, thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment